Dates: May 24 - 26, 2023
Location: Cascais, Portugal
The Steering Committee welcomes up to 40 leading lawyers personally selected from renowned regional, national, and multinational firms around the world. With increased transparency and information sharing amongst tax authorities, the use of aggressive techniques like criminal investigations and digital taxation, and pandemic related mobility issues on the rise, the Forum provides an opportunity to keep abreast of developments in key jurisdictions around the world.
Using candid, seminar-style discussion, the group shares experiences and engages in meaningful dialogue on the most pressing issues they face.
This elite group, comprised of experts in the field, personally nominates all invitees and develops the Agenda, which forms the basis of our discussions.
AT NISHITH DESAI ASSOCIATES
Parul co-heads the International Tax and Fund Formation Practices at Nishith Desai Associates. She focuses on international taxation, cross-border transactions and fund formation practice areas including cross-border investments and group reorganization strategies, M&A transactions and venture capital / private equity funding structures.
AREAS OF PROVEN EXPERTISE
Parul is particularly adept in advising on cross-border issues arising from investments into India. She has represented several prominent private equity, venture capital, growth and angel funds in setting up their onshore and offshore fund structures including assisting them with negotiations with LPs. She has also worked with technology companies in advising them on matters involving digital taxation. She was the India Branch co-reporter for the subject “Taxation and Fundamental Rights: Taxpayers’ Procedural Rights in a Globalised World” for the IFA 2015 Basel Congress. She was also the Secretary to the panel on “Indirect Transfer of Assets” for the IFA 2014 Mumbai Congress and to the panel on “Tax Treaty Override” for the IFA 2019 London Congress. This apart, she is a regular speaker at domestic and international seminars and actively contributes to various international publications. She also formed part of a four-member committee which advised SEBI on changes to be brought to Angel fund Regulations in India.
CERTAIN SIGNIFICANT ENGAGEMENTS
· Represented a large real estate company in demerger of its real estate business
· Represented a large multi-billion-dollar private equity fund in restructuring its Indian Alternate Investment Fund set up in India
· Represented a large private equity fund in structuring acquisition of infrastructure assets in India
· Represented a US based Angel Network in setting up a syndicate platform in India
· Advised a Mauritius based investor in defending its tax treaty claim before the Delhi High Court.
· Represented a Singapore investor in redomiciling its Indian investment into a European entity
· Advised a UK bank on tax issues and securities law issues arising out of securities borrowing and lending transactions in India
· Advised a US based multinational corporation in tax issues arising out of reorganisation of their capital structure due to merger and capital reduction transactions
· Advised a US based multinational corporation on taxation of arbitration award received on account of a contractual dispute with an Indian party
Shona graduated from the University College Dublin with a Bachelor’s Degree in English and Spanish. She has a background in medical, insurance and financial administration. In her spare time, Shona loves to travel and enjoys planning trips all around the world.
Caity is an MBA graduate from the Schulich School of Business in Toronto. Prior to joining Cambridge Forums, she worked for the Government of Canada in various communications, website and research analyst positions. She has a passion for continuous learning, strategy development and relationship building. In her spare time, Caity enjoys hiking, being in nature and spending time with her Australian Shepherd pup.
Built on genuine interactions and spontaneous connections, the Forum is the premiere gathering for preeminent leaders who resolve corporate tax disputes for multinational organizations.
"Great platform to exchange ideas among a small group of accomplished experts from around the world amidst idyllic surroundings."Himanshu Sinha Partner Trilegal India
"A fantastic opportunity for an open and straight-forward exchange with peers from all over the globe."Robert Desax Partner Walder Wyss Ltd. Switzerland
"The Forum is an interactive exchange of views between highly qualified lawyers. Having the chance to listen to their views greatly helped me update and see what road is ahead in international tax."Miguel Teixeira de Abreu Honourary Partner Abreu Advogados Portugal
Hear how our participants describe the practical benefits of our forums.
Senior Forum Director